Dear WIFTI members all over the world!
It has been almost six months since your new board elected to serve Women in Film and Television International was established. We have had an intense process, coming together and defining how we want WIFTI to move forward. Our ambition is to take WIFTI to 2.0, the next level up. As we are eager to collaborate with you, we want to share our plans for the future.
We have organized WIFTI as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization under the United States rules, which allow for support and donations from many countries and may provide tax benefits to some contributors, depending upon their individual tax status. These funds will build our brand internationally and support the project work and information gathering to assist our membership at all career stages.
We have defined three main pillars for WIFTI: Connection, Knowledge and Visibility. Inspired by these pillars, we will propose to:
- Connect our members on six continents
- Be a hub for research and initiatives for gender equality and support the work that is being done all over the world
- Enhance visibility by facilitating events at the significant international festivals, primarily in Europe and Northern America but hopefully in the longer term also on the other continents
- Renew and update your WIFTI website to better speak to our brand and our members’ suggestions. We want the website to respond to our members; not just talk at them.
- Review our current membership system and protocols to simplify the way we engage our members and encourage chapters of all sizes to collaborate with WIFTI.
We will provide the specifics of our actions when they are completed in the near future.
We are very excited to announce the dates for the 2019 WIFTI Summit. The event will take place in Auckland, New Zealand, October 2-4, 2019! Plans are in the works and we will be providing additional information soon. This is going to be a very important event for women worldwide and we hope that WIFTI members globally will join us for this International Summit. We encourage our Chapters to start fundraising to raise money for your travel. I am looking forward to personally meeting and greeting all of our WIFTI chapter members who are able to attend.
All the Best,